MAKING THE WELL-KNOWN, ACCESIBLE
Jamaica Craft is an acclaimed choreographer and creative director, and has worked with artists such as like Justin Bieber, Usher or Ciara. Furthermore, she choreographs the FOX's hit show 'Empire'. She has remained very under the radar, thus finding legit and updated information about her was almost impossible.
My team partnered with her management company, King Creative Group, to design a website that enhances her brand and serves her potential user's needs.
- MY TEAM: Alexandra Malouta, Charlotte Wan and myself
- TIMEFRAME: 2 weeks
- MY ROLE:
Research (especially on the brands and creative agencies side), Design, Wireframes, Prototyping
THE DISCOVERY PROCESS
Our research uncovered numerous findings that will shape our design solution going forward.
- Competitive/Comparative Analysis
- Screener Survey
- User Interviews.
After gathering the insights obtained from our research, we created 3 personas to guide future design decisions. It became clear that our main focus of attention should be the primary persona -the dance fan- since they were the largest population of users. However, we also acknowledged our secondary (people in the entertainment/fashion industry looking for talent to partner with) and tertiary personas (dancers looking for opportunities). *We considered dancers to be a specialized subset of fans.
Dance fans have issues finding information about choreographers. Sometimes, they can't even get their names.
- Straightforward introduction of Jamaica Craft through a full screen video. Nice and dynamic 30-40'' brand statement portrayed by herself.
- Prominent access to her Social Media channels
- Simple and clear main navigation that uses a very conversational tone for the copy
Home Page containing a brand statement video of Jamaica gives an accurate idea of who she is, making the process of hiring her easier for potential clients.
TAKE A LOOK PAGE
- Updated reel with easy sharing options that make the process of discovering her work easy and enjoyable.
- Distinguished access to Jamaica's Youtube channel where all her videos are organized by playlists: different clients, workshops, interviews... Since Youtube is the main platform to watch videos online, we wanted to create a light portfolio section displaying her best work giving the option to check her Youtube channel for further exploration.
- Jamaica has an apparel line at a very early stage which branding is still being outlining. We decided not to include it here for now because.
GET TO KNOW ME PAGE
- Very brief Bio on the top highlighting accomplishments
- Photos of clients arranged on grid and displayed by relevance
- Drop down window showing the most important work with that specific client
- Link to Youtube playlist correspondent to that client see more related work
CONNECT WITH ME PAGE
- Management details on the top of the page: easy access for people who might be interested in hiring her.
- Same icons of her social media channels used on Home page
- Newsletter subscription to receive information on her workshops, master classes... Important for dancers or fans who want to improve their skills.
- Fill in form to collect videos from dancers who want to participate in online auditions.
- Turn the high-fidelity prototype into a fully functional website
- Celebrity endorsements on her website stating her personality and character
- Research and contact specific production companies that align with Jamaica's brand
- Organized Youtube content in different playlists grouping videos with same content or client
- Have choreography credits listed in client's music descriptions and link them to her website